Pressure Against Ribcage Following Tummy Tuck and Hernia Repair

I had a tummy tuck and repair of an umbilical hernia one week ago. The drainage tubes were removed two days ago. My problem is the swelling and tightness. I understand it is early and most of the abdominal swelling will resolve itself (I hope!) but since surgery and increasingly I have had a hard pressure against my ribcage which at this point is so intense I feel as if I can't breathe. Is this kind of swelling reason for concern?

Pressure after tummy tuck

+1

By one week after tummy tuck, you should be feeling fairly well. Pain and pressure that is to severe you feel that you cannot breathe properly calls for immediate attention and examination. Contact your doctor right away.

peterejohnsonmd

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com/tummy-tuck

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.