Pressure on Bump After Six Weeks of Rhinoplasty?

Hi, today before putting tape on nose , i pressed a little hard on a bump on nose bridge , i was upset about it , so i thought that pressing hard might be helpful , i did this once before , after 4 weeks of rhinoplasty as well , it seems that the bump went inside or smoothed , or was it my imagination , now im worried that i might harm it or move something , i just keep touching the bump , its hard to ignore it . Thank you

Pressure on Bump after 6 Weeks - Harm Done?

+2

At 6 weeks, digital pressure should not be of any harm especially if no deformity is seen afterwards.  Swelling will largely resolve by 1 year, but this depends upon amount of work done, open or closed approach, and individual healing characteristics.

Pressure on bump 6 weeks after rhinoplasty surgery

+2

It is still soon after your surgery, and there is swelling present. The final result of your surgery may not be evident for 18-24 months. 70% of the swelling will go down after the first three months, and the remainder improves over time. The bump you have could be a result of swelling that is present, but it is hard to tell without performing an exam. It is best to avoid putting any pressure on your nose while you are healing. I would recommend visiting your surgeon regarding any post-operative concerns. If necessary, injections of kenalog mixed with 5-Flourouracil may help with swelling. I hope this helps, and best of luck with the remainder of your recovery. 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Bump resolution after applying pressure

+2

The most important thing is how your nose looks after surgery. The bump that you describe may have been some residual swelling after your rhinoplasty that would have gone down in size in time regardless of the pressure you applied. If you are still concerned, make sure you follow up with your surgeon to address this issue. I'm sure you will be reassured that you have done nothing to compromise your results. Hope this helps!

Thanks for your question. Best wishes!

Gregory Park, MD