Could I Have Done Damage 6 Weeks Post-Op By Bumping My Nose?

I was looking at something and moved my head too close to a wall. i felt the tip of my nose press against the wall and moved my head back. how will this affect my nose 6 and a half weeks afetr rhinoplasty?

Bumped nose after rhinoplasty

+2

At 6 weeks postop, there is a lot of healing that has already occurred, so it is unlikely that you did any real damage with a light bump.  Always check with your surgeon if you are concerned!

Rhinoplasty

+1

Your nose is probably OK

It's best to see your rhinoplasty surgeon and have your nose examined at the earliest opportunity

Paul Carniol, MD
Summit Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bumping your nose six weeks after rhinoplasty will not change the shape

+1

While the swelling of a rhinoplasty certainly takes a lot more than 6 weeks to resolve, the bones and cartilages are pretty well fixed in place.  Your nose at this point should be as sturdy as it was before the rhinoplasty.  So, if you bump  your nose at this time, and cause any change to the shape, then it would have happened whether you had a rhinoplasty or not.  Best, - Dr. Phil

Philip Miller, MD

Blunt trauma to nose after rhinoplasty

+1

The best way to find out is to make an appt. with your surgeon ASAP. He will examine you and give you an accurate and reliable answer. Best of luck to you, Dr. H

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Concerns about minor injury to nose 6 weeks post rhinoplasty

+1

Given the description of your mild "injury" along with the 6 weeks that you are postoperative following your rhinoplasty,it is not very likely that you have sustained any significant injury. However, you should contact your operating surgeon who can asses the situation and make an accurate determination.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Hit nose

+1

At this point you should be fairly safe. Check with your surgeon if you have any further doubt.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal trauma

+1

At six weeks after rhinoplasty the nasal bones are well healed. I think you are ok because it would take significant trauma to change your nose. Consult your surgeon

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Should be OK but consult with your surgeon

+1

You should be OK from this bump, but pleast consult with your surgeon just to be absolutely sure.  good luck

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

Bumped my nose 6 weeks after Rhinoplasty did I damage it?

+1

If you felt pain, discomfort spot swelling after bumping your nose, you might have caused an injury even 6 weeks after your Rhinoplasty.  It's best for you to contact your Rhinoplasty surgeon and tell him/her what happened.

Bumped nose six weeks after rhinoplasty

+1

Chance is great that nothing happened as the nose is fairly well healed by six weeks, so much so that we allow full exercise, without contact of course. Be careful.

peterejohnsonmd