Prescription for Retinoic Acid for Premature Skin Aging?

Can I get a prescription for Retinoic Acid and if so what strength?

What percentage is recommended for prematurely aged skin? I only have moderate fine lines and scarring from past acne problems along with a couple of age spots?

I want to use in conjunction with Vitalize peel for optimum results. Thank you!

Retin A for wrinkles

+2

Using Retin A (retinoic acid) for fine wrinkles on the face is an excellent idea. We prescribe first time Retin A users the .05% strength for a variety of issues such as fine wrinkling, melasma, and dark spots on the face due to sun exposure. One fantastic advantage of Retin A and its closely related products is that it also seems to help fight against precancerous changes of the skin, which is always a good thing!

We would want to evaluate how you are doing on the Retin A prior to starting a series of peels, because some patients are more sensitive than others to the effects of the Retin A.

Florida Dermatologist

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.