Any preps I should buy before hand and what vitamins/food should I take for the healing process?

Im 27, 5'9 155 pounds having a TT with breast augmentation going from a B/A- to D cup :)

+2

There is no evidence that any of that makes your results better or surgery safer so our office does not advise healthy patients on a normal diet to do that.

+1

I would ask your surgeon, but most healthy individuals do not need to purchase anything.

Preps and vitamins before and after surgery

+1

You really don't need to do anything to prepare for either a breast augmentation or abdominoplasty surgery. You should stop taking any anticoagulation medication like aspirin and Coumadin to lower the risk of unnecessary bleeding. But there isn't any scientific evidence that certain vitamins or foods taken after surgery actually help with bruising and swelling. That being said, every surgeon will have his/her own take on this subject.

William T. Stoeckel, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

+1

I agree with the supplements that Dr. Neinstein recommends- Also pre-op you should buy either Betadyne or Hibiclens or chlorhexidine soap to wash with for 3 days prior to your surgery to decrease the risk of infection. Good luck!

Amy T. Bandy, DO, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augment

+1

Love this topic, I have patients take Arnica and Pineapple juice which has lots of Bromelain. This helps with bruising and swelling. A good probiotic like Florastor is nice to help prevent stomach upset from all the meds. Word to the wise dont buy Bromelain its a rip off, pineapple juice has more than enough of it

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

Breast Augmentation Toronto

+1

There isn't anything specific to take in most cases. Your surgeon is the best person to ask this though, as every surgeon has their own preferences.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)