Preparing for Fat Transfer

Hello, I am having a fat transfer to my cheeks and under my eyes in a few months. Is there anything I can do in the meanwhile to help more of the fat 'take'? I will be under general anesthetic for the procedure. Shall I quit drinking? Exercise more? Not smoke? Take certain supplements? If I generally improve my health will it effect how successful the fat transfer is?

Preparing for Fat Transfer to Improve Cosmetic Results...Don't Smoke!

+2

Hi Snowscreen in UK,

Fat transfer is a good option to rejuvenate the face without traditional facial plastic surgery. Fat is taken from the abdomen or similar areas with liposuction, and injected into wrinkled areas such as the cheeks, lower eyelid area, jaw line, or temples.

The following guide not only helps improve the results of fat injection, but also improves the skin quality and overall complexion.

• no smoking - the most important factor
  • hydration
  • avoid salty processed foods, and focus on fresh fruits & vegetables
  • wear sunblock and avoid tanning
  • routine exercise

Web reference: http://www.potomacplasticsurgery.com/med-spa/fat-transfers.cfm

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fat injections for the eyelids

+2

It is possible that ensuring enough hours of sleep may help the circulation of the eyelids, but the most important thing you can do is STOP SMOKING. Smoking reduces the available oxygen through your blood stream that is available to the tissues. Fat injections are grafts and the cells need oxygen from diffusion of the neighborhood around them in the first couple of days after the graft as they will not have a direct blood flow having been moved into a new area. Smoking interferes with grafts "taking."

Web reference: http://www.amazon.com/Liposuction-Ron-M-Shelton/dp/0425193853