Premolars and Invisalign

how long do i have to wait to start using my invisalign trays after getting my premolars pulled?I already have my first two trays

Timing on starting Invisalign trays

+2

In general you should start wearing your trays immediately upon receiving them.  Have you discussed this with your doctor?  I would suggest asking him/her.  If you wait too long (longer than, say, a week) the trays might be hard to put on and might be painful initially.

Seattle Orthodontist

Aligners are normally used ASAP

+2

Certainly discuss this with your dentist or orthodontist, as they may have a specific plan or sequence, but as a general rule, as soon as aligners are given they should be worn.

Web reference: http://www.bestseattledentist.com/

Seattle Cosmetic Dentist

Tooth extractions and invisalign

+1

If you have the trays and have had the teeth removed you should wear them immediately. Teeth shift so quickly that they may not fit if not worn immediately

Wichita Cosmetic Dentist

It's all in the planning!

+1

Normal Invisalign protocol is to have the teeth removed only after the aligners have been fabricated and received by your treating doctor.   There is no problem waiting a few days for the extraction site to begin healing so you don't induce bleeding taking the aligners in and out, but I wouldn't wait more than a week or so.  If you wait too long, you run a chance of the first aligner not even fitting...or at least hurting more than it normally would because the teeth have drifted a bit towards the extraction spaces.

Good luck.  It sounds like challenging case.  Please be sure to be as compliant as possible in wearing your aligners to achieve the best result possible.

Atlanta Orthodontist

How long before I can start after extractions?

+1

Questions like yours puzzle me!  It certainly should have been discussed with your doctor before the teeth were even extracted!  It mostly depends on how tight the first aligner is on the teeth on either side of the extractions.  If there are attachments on these teeth then you have to be carefull

Saint Louis Orthodontist