Prematurely Aged at 28- What Treatment Will Be Effective? (photo)

Hi , I am a 28 year old female and due to various factors including stress and smoking, I have aged considerably over the past 2 years. My face, esp. cheeks, appear to be sagging, my whole face looks bigger and the skin has become slack. I have hollows beneath my eyes and labio nasal folds, along with rough skin texture and many fine lines and early wrinkles. I stopped smoking 1 month ago. Will skin treatments such as peels be enough? Should I consider tightening/ or early mid facelift?

Skin rejuvenation for saggy skin

+1

It's great that you realize that stress and smoking affect skin but you must also protect your skin from the sun.  Light chemical peels will give your skin a glow but will not address your other concerns.  A combination of treatments including fractional laser to improve texture, Thermage for tightening and lifting, Botox to stop dynamic wrinkles, and fillers to replace lost volume would be the best choice.  Consult a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon to discuss a treatment plan. 

Toronto Dermatologist

Premature aging and facial cosmetic options

+1

First, congratulations on your quitting smoking.  This will help prevent premature aging.  From your photo and description, I would suggest starting on a good topical skin care treatment regimen (moisturizer, sunblock, and possibly Retin A).  Injectable fillers such as Restylane, Juvederm, and Radiesse could also be consideration.  Although you are rather young, if the sagging is significant, you could consider a mini face lift or eyelid surgery if not now then in the future.  Best wishes. 

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

+1

Full face laser resurfacing would be an option for you to tighten the skin and improve the overall texture.  We offer the Dot Co2 Fractionated Laser. Another option would be facial fillers or Sculptra to re-volumize your face and to re-stimulate collagen production.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Skin Care

+1

Dear Patient,

Congratulations on quitting! Keep it up! Chemical peels are a great start. Your skin’s texture and complexion will improve, your pores will diminish, and fine line will become less apparent. However for the deeper lines such as your nasolabial, I would suggest volume fillers such as Juvéderm. Botox is also a great way to prevent the “11s” from forming. I would advise that you consult with a board certified plastic surgeon for the skin looseness off your cheeks, he or she may suggest a mini facelift.

Teanoosh Zadeh, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon