What to Do About Premature Breast Sagging?

I am 17 years old and my breasts sag a lot. This started happening about 2 years ago and even while I was wearing a bra. This is very embarrassing for me.

Also because of my breast I have bad neck and back pain. What should I do?

Breast sagging at 17 with neck pain, back pain

+1

It sounds like you may need a breast reduction if your breasts are very large and causing you symptoms.

Sagging breasts at 17

+1

It is unusual to have sagging breasts at 17 years of age unless you have very large breasts. Neck and back pain may be alleviated with a beast reduction in a patient with large breasts. The best thing to do is be evaluated by a plastic surgeon.

Sagging breasts in a 17 year old

+1

At your age, it is extremely rare to have true sagging (ptosis) without weight loss and/or pregnany. Your back and neck complaints are more related to large breasts which have a greater tendency to sag. Alternatively you may have a mild form of cosntricted or tuberous breast in which case the lower portions of the breast are not fully developed and create the appearance of a sagging breast.

Each of these conditions has a different solution. You should discuss this first with your primary care physician and secondarily with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Breast sagging

+1

You are describing symptoms attributable to large breasts. We call this symptomatic macromastia. Although you are young for this you should seek out a board certified plastic surgeon to evaluate you and recommend treatment.

This is usually addressed with a breast reduction. Removing some of the breast weight will help your neck and will place the nipples back into a higher position. The trade off is scarring and perhaps compromise of your ability to breast feed.

Your surgeon will be able to explain the advantages and disadvantages to this treatment and help you formulate a treatment plan which is right for you.

I hope this was helpful.

Robert W. Kessler, MD, FACS
Corona Del Mar Plastic Surgeon