Can U Get Pregnet After Having Tummy Tuck with Muscle Repair?

Wouldn't that be dangerest ? Am asking because I had my tubes tide and tummy tuck done one year ago. Hubby was 100% he wanted no more kids now he wish we had another baby?

You can safeley get pregnant after a tummy tuck

+1

There is no safety issue associated with getting pregnant after a tummy tuck.  The only issue you will encounter is that the results of the tummy tuck will likely not be as good.  During your pregnancy, you will stretch out your now tight belly and you may need a procedure in the future to repair this "damage".

Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Can U Get Pregnant After Having Tummy Tuck with Muscle Repair?

+1

Yes, you can have a successful pregnancy following a tummy tuck. It is impossible to predict how the pregnancy will affect the tummy tuck. Sometimes there will be very little change in your abdomen. other times the tummy tuck may need to be revised.

Kurtis Martin, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Pregnancy after tummy tuck

+1

Having a tummy tuck does not bar subsequent pregnancies.  You do have to be mindful of the fact that the weight gain and stretching may result in the need for a followup surgery after you give birth again.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Tummy tuck and pregnancy.

+1

Hi.....You did not mention reversal of the tubes being tied.  If you did that, then of course you can get pregnant and it will NOT usually reverse all that was done with the tummy tuck.  The lower part of the abdomen that was removed and "hung over" will not return in the condition that you had it before.  The tissue of the abdomen will stretch as will the muscle repair and the usual result would show some of the laxity of the muscles. However, I have patients that retract very nicely and do not have extensive damage to their tummy tuck result.  If you decide to have children, then do it and have your family.  Body contouring should fit into your life and not prevent you from doing the things that you and your family want to do including having more children.  Just be aware of the changes that might result.

Steven M. Lynch, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Pregnancy Following a Tummy Tuck

+1

The best time to have a tummy tuck is after you are done having children, but as you know life doesn't always go as planned! It is safe to carry out a pregnancy after having undergone a tummy tuck. A concern for many of my patients that find themselves in this situation is undoing all the results of the tummy tuck. Maintaining a healthy weight gain during pregnancy can go a long way to maintaining your original results. And if life does step in and you have some muscle relaxation, you can always touch up your surgery.     Best Wishes. 

Gregory Pisarski, MD, FACS

Pregnancy after Tummy Tuck

+1

In regards to the tummy tuck, pregnancy is possible and poses little risk to yourself or potential baby.     

As with any cosmetic procedure, we can turn back the clock, but aging/pregnancy/weight changes will affect the abdomen the same as they did previously.   Hence, your muscle and skin will loosen to some extent.    

I wish you luck!!

Paul S. Gill, MD

Pregnancy after Tummy Tuck

+1

The real issue you have is reversing the tubal ligation. If that is successful  then there should be little risk to the tummy tuck repair. I have found that most patients who get pregnant after an abdominoplasty have less changes to their abdominal shape and less skin laxity than they did before the surgery. In the event that you have some residual relaxation or stretching of muscle or skin you may decide to revise your surgery.  Best of Luck    Dr Harrell

Jon F. Harrell, DO

Can you Get Pregnant After Having Tummy Tuck with Muscle Repair?

+1

It is certainly possible to become pregnant after a TT. You would need surgery to reverse the tubal ligation, and that does not work 100% of the time (discuss with your OB). 

Another pregnancy will repeat the stretching of the abdominal wall which caused the problem leading to the TT in the first place. 

All the best. 

Pregnancy is possible after a tummy tuck.

+1

You can successfully carry a pregnancy after in abdominoplasty but it probably will significantly undo the benefits of that operation.