Pregnancy After Non-invasive Liposuction?

I am considering non-invasive Liposuction but what happens if I get pregnant again?

I already have 3 children but we are undecided if we want anymore. I have the love handles and the muffin top from having 3 large babies. If I get a non-invasive Lipo procedure such as Smart Lipo or Vaser Liposuction, what would happen to the end result?

Do the fat cells go back to that area? Would it be a waste of my time and money?

Typically, it is best to wait until after kids to have liposuction.

+1

While liposuction can be done at any time of life, typically it is best to wait until after all childbirths in order to have liposuction. This doesn't mean that it can't be done before, but if you gain significant amounts of weight or even reasonable amounts, more fat may redistribute to the areas that have already been treated.

I would also be remiss in not saying that either of these procedures aren't 'non-invasive'. They are both invasive and the method of fat removal, the liposuction part, is invasive as well. They are certainly 'less-invasive', but not non-invasive. Good luck!

Omaha Dermatologist

Pregnancy after liposuction

+1

If liposuction is performed and then the patient gains weight, the weight usually gets redistributed a little differently than before the procedure.  The end result may change after the weight gain and the skin stretching.

Results can change with changing body, diet or lifestyle

+1

Procedures such as SmartLipo, VASER or traditional liposuction provide great results when performed by trained physicians. The results are long-lasting and sustained so long as the patient maintains his/her lifestyle. The perfect candidate is one who has a stable weight, exercises regularly and maintains a healthy diet. The fat cells in our body a made to store fat and they are very efficient at doing this. What this means is that any fat cell can store more fat and enlarge even after liposuction.

If you are planning on gaining weight or might be pregnant in the near future, then you are better off waiting until after to have your liposuction. After pregnancy get back on your diet and exercise routine. Once you have achieved your pre-pregnancy weight then look into your liposuction procedure.

One more technical note. Liposuction, SmartLipo and VASER are all invasive procedures. They are what many of us call minimally invasive since they use small cannulas (or tubes) to remove the fat but they are procedures and do have healing time.

Good Luck

Edgar Franklin Fincher, MD, PhD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon