Pregnant 2 Months After Breast Reduction

How much will the pregnancy ruin the results of my breast reduction and lift. I am concerned this will interfere with healing, make my scars wider and more visible, and bring me back to having large breasts. I went from a DD to a small c/large B.

Pregnancy and Results of Breast Reduction?

+1

Congratulations on your pregnancy.

Although your concerns regarding more visible scars and changing of the breasts  are understandable,  there is not much that can be done to avoid these changes ( if they are going to occur).  Maintaining a stable weight  (under the guidance of your OB/GYN) will be helpful in minimizing breast changes that occur secondary to significant weight fluctuations.

Otherwise,  expect some changes in size and/or position of the breasts ( that may or may not benefit from revisionary surgery in the future).

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastreduction.htm

Pregnancy after breast reduction

+1
Congratulations on the pregnancy. Stretching of the breasts will widen the scars and also contribute to sagging. Try to keep your weight gain within reasonable limits and wear a supportive bra during the pregnancy. The ultimate effect of the pregnancy and possibly breast feeding can't be determined at this point but, if you are dissatisfied with the appearance of your breasts, they can be revised. If your initial surgery was covered by insurance it is unlikely that the carrier would authorize and pay for a secondary reduction or a breast lift, however, so keep this in mind. Best of luck to you and the baby.

Breast reduction and pregnancy

+1

Congratulations on your pregnancy. Unfortunately it is very difficult to predict what the final result will be after pregnancy.  Everyone responds differently.

Breast reduction changes with pregnancy are unpredictable.

+1

Hi.

Listen, enjoy your pregnancy, and have a healthy baby, and try to breast feed if you want. The worst that can happen is that your breast reduction needs a little touch up. Pregnancy can change your breasts in completely unpredictable ways. And a good recent study showed that breast feeding does not cause any additional damage to the breasts.

Breast Reduction results and pregnancy

+1

There is a high likelihood that pregnancy will alter your results. It should not interfere with healing, but because your procedure was so recent, it may make my scars wider and more visible and may make your breasts larger. BUT all of these things can be fixed. FOR NOW, have fun being a mommy. Congratulations.

Pregnant 2 months after breast reduction

+1

How lucky are you! Think about the child not yourself and your breasts because the blessing of having a child far out weighs the effect of the pregnancy on your breasts. The breasts can be not effected or need an additional re reduction/lift. Congrats and Regards.

I'm pregnant after having Breast Reduction- What's going to happen to my breasts?

+1

Hi there-

While we may have advised against planning it this way, obviously at this point I hope you will feel nothing but joy for your coming addition to your family. Of course it is possible that the pregnancy may cause changes to your outcome that will require surgical revision, but none of these changes should be viewed as catastrophic and can all be managed at the proper time by your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

So don't worry- and congratulations!

Web reference: http://www.DrArmandoSoto.com

Pregnant after breast reduction

+1

As Dr. Aldea has said, your total priority at this point should be the health of your unborn baby.  There is no crystal ball to know what will become of your breasts but anything that might happen has good corrective options available.

Web reference: http://www.randcosmeticsurgery.com

Would Pregnancy ruin the Results of Breast Reduction / Lift

+1

Would Pregnancy ruin the Results of Breast Reduction / Lift? Maybe. There is no accurate way of predicting the exact effect of your pregnancy on the current appearance of your reduced breasts. It is likely that the breast distention would result in some sagging and MAY widen your scars. But whatever the appearance when you are done breast feeding is not clear.

In my opinion your child is way more important than the shape of these breasts. Because regardless of what they become, a good Plastic surgeon can always make them look much better. So - I would not spend a lot of time considering it and spend more time enjoying your pregnancy and new baby.

Dr. P. Aldea