Just Found out I'm Pregnant and I Had Facial Hair Removal 1week Ago-should I Be Concerned?

Is it possible to cause defects or M/C?

Laser hair removal and pregnancy

+1

I would discontinue any cosmetic treatments including laser hair removal during pregnancy.  I would consult with  your gynecolocist and treating dermatologist.  General consensus is that it hasn't caused a problem but it is important to check with your doctor.

Laser hair removal during pregnancy

+1

Although there is no evidence to suggest a potential risk to the fetus for pregnant women undergoing laser hair removal, treatment of any non-urgent conditions during pregnancy is discouraged. No need to worry but it would be best to postpone any further treatments.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Pregnancy and laser hair removal

+1

In my opinion you are going to be just fine. Laser hair removal to the facial region shouldn't affect a growing fetus. It is best to stop all treatments now that you know, but a treatment done to the face for hair removal is so minimal I cannot imagine any harm having been done.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD