I Am Pregnant and Do Not Use Botox Right Now. Long Should I Wait?

How long should I wait to have botox done after baby is born? is it ok when breastfeeding? Risks? experience?

Botox and Pregnancy

+2

Although there is no official data, I would recommend that you wait until you are done breastfeeding. Since it is an elective procedure - it is just the safest way to go. I have a lot of female patients who come in very excited when they are all done with pregnancy and breastfeeding. Good luck with your pregnancy.

Seattle Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox is not indicated for women who are pregnant or nursing

+1

If you are pregnant or nursing, you should not do any elective procedure that is not FDA approved for such. Although there is no evidence that it would be unsafe, if it isn't tested on pregnant or nursing women then doctors wouldn't want to use Botox in those patients. After you've finished nursing then see your doctor for Botox.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com/botox/index.html

Botox use and pregnancy

+1

Per published guidelines, Botox is not recommended during pregnancy as there are no well-controlled studies of use in pregnant women. We also don't recommend treatment if you are nursing because it is not known whether the drug is excreted in human milk.

Hold off on Botox until finished breast feeding.

+1

I would wait until you are no longer pregnant or breastfeeding before considering botox.  No studies have been performed to determine the safety of having botox during pregnancy or while breastfeeding, as such a study would not be ethical and be considered taking an unnecessary risk. It’s recommended to hold off for now.

San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

No Botox while pregnant or nursing

+1

There are no studies showing the safety of Botox or Dysport usage during pregnancy or nursing.  Wait until you have finished nursing to have your Botox treatment.

Toronto Dermatologist

Botox during pregnancy or nursing

+1

There is no great data to suggest safety of using Botox during pregnancy or at the time of nursing. It most likely is safe, but there is no point in taking any chances. Best to wait till after pregnancy for your treatment.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Continue after breastfeeding

+1

If you are still breastfeeding, advise you to wait until you have stopped to continue with the Botox treatments.

Botox During and After Pregnancy, or While Breast-Feeding.

+1

There are no clinical studies that study Botox effect during pregnancy or breastfeeding.  I advise all of my patients not to receive Botox (or Dysport) during pregnancy, and to wait until they finish breastfeeding before using Botox.  Even though the pharmacology data do not indicate high risk, it's just not worth taking that chance.

Paoli Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox and Pregnancy

+1

this is a very good question. The use of Botox during pregnancy is contraindicated while the use during breastfeeding has not been appropriately studied. For various reasons, including ethical ones, this study will not happen. I recommend that you enjoy the blessings of your new child and when you have delivered and completed breastfeeding you can resume your Botox treatments.

Be healthy and be well,

James M. Ridgway, MD

Web reference: https://www.larrabeecenter.com

Botox once your baby is weaned.

+1

These issues are not well studied and never will be.  Unless you have a medical reason for needing BOTOX, it is not recommended to have cosmetic BOTOX while pregnant or breastfeeding.  This advice also applied to essentially all cosmetic services.  Congratulations on your pregnancy and know that we will be happy to provide you treatment when the time is right.