How Soon Can I Try to Get Pregnant After Rhinoplasty?

I have a rhinoplasty scheduled on sept 17 and an appointment with a fertility specialist for IVF October 31. Will I have given my nose enough time to heal before TTC?

Rhinoplasty and IVF

+2

Your timing seems to be okay for your attempted IVF.  If there are any concerns speak with your fertility physician.  

+2

Your timing should be perfectly fine. One thing to anticipate is rhinitis of pregnancy. You will likely notice nasal stuffiness that develops during your pregnancy which is not related to surgery but the hormonal changes that occur during pregnancy. Best of luck with both your rhinoplasty and pregnancy. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Lone Tree Facial Plastic Surgeon

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Pregnancy after Rhinoplasty

+2

Six weeks should be plenty of time following a rhinoplasty to see an IVF  specialist.

Jay M. Pensler, MD

Pregnancy and rhinoplasty

+2

Dear aimbeecabo,

1. 6 weeks should be plenty of time to space out between the 2 treatments
  2. Enjoy your new nose
  3. Also, let your surgeon know about your plans

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Rhinoplasty and Pregnancy

+2

You will be on the road to recovery by the time you see your fertility specialist.  Follow your Plastic Surgeon's post op instructions for a fast recovery. Good luck with the fertility treatment.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

+1

Whenever you like but having a few month or so before morning sickness is probably best.

Pregnancy and Surgery Timing

+1

Hi Aimee,

As long as you are no longer taking medications there should be no issue with having surgery and getting pregnant 6 weeks later. At that time your nose should feel pretty good and it won't be uncomfortable as a baseline. Pregnancy can cause a significant amount of stuffiness in the nose, due to hormone levels, which rise in the first Trimester. If you still have swelling from surgery, this will add to that. However, there is no medical issue with the plan that you have set forth.

Best of luck

Richard W. Westreich, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

6 weeks is plenty of time to heal after a Rhinoplasty

+1

Looks like you have allowed 6 weeks, that is adequate time to heal following a Rhinoplasty, prior to your IVF. All the best.

Naveen Somia, MBBS, PhD, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon