Pregnancy After Tummy Tuck - Will I Need an Abdominoplasty Redo?

I had a Tummy Tuck about 20 months ago, and I just found out I'm pregnant. Will my results last? If not, can I redo my procedure?

Pregnancy after tummy tuck is not recommended, but may not destroy your post op result.

+1

There are no large studies to examine the results of pregnancy after tummy tuck.  However individual case reports demonstrate that the pregnancies are healthy and safe and that some patients do stretch out again but others do not. So all the best on your pregnancy, and don't worry about your tummy. If you need something done later, rest assured that tummy tuck can be redone.

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Pregnancy after tummy tuck

+1

The %'s are 50-50 you will need some form of additional abdominal surgery 6 months after the birth. As to which exact operation I would need to see how you appear at that time.

From MIAMI Dr. B

Preganacy following TT

+1

There may be stretching of your reslult needing re-tightening or there might not be.  Only time will tell.  Just do all you need to have a healthy pregnancy and see what the tummy is like later.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Pregnancy AFTER a Tummy Tuck

+1

Congratulations on your baby.

There are no authoritative answers to your question. Personally, I would enjoy the baby for at least a year before even considering surgery. Although the baby will stretch out the muscle repair and your tummy skin, the result may not be that bad and you may not need to have it done. At a year after the baby, if your weight is stable and you feel you want to be much flatter, go see you plastic surgeon then and see what are your options. But no need to decide now.