Can Pregnancy Make Silicon Implants Feel and Look More Natural?

I got silicon breast implants about 3 years ago. One month ago, for medical reasons, I terminated a pregnancy at 12 weeks. My breasts obviously grew during the pregnancy, but I am more concerned about the fact that they have remained much softer than they were before. They feel and look much more natural than they did before the pregnancy. Is it possible that pregnancy permanently altered the shape? Or is it more likely that both implants ruptured during the pregnancy?

Pregnancy changes and breast implants

+2

I agree with the previous comments.  It is likely a transient effect.  Usually the increase and decrease in size during pregnancy leads to some breast atrophy and implant show.  A revision may be necessary if this happens in which case I strongly recommend changing to subfascial placement to attain a natural appearing shape.

Rian A. Maercks M.D.

Breast tissue around implant makes the implant look and feel more natural.

+1

During pregnancy your breasts enlarge.  This has nothing to do with the implant itself, only added more breast tissue.  The more breast tissue you have in front of the implant, the more natural your breasts look and feel.

Pregnancy and implants

+1

More than likely your breasts got a bit swollen during the pregnancy and the implants became less palpable and felt more natural.  As the swelling comes down, the breasts will probably  return to their prior state.

Pregnancy will NOT affect breast Implants

+1

Regarding: "Can pregnancy make silicon implants feel and look more natural?   I got silicon breast implants about 3 years ago. One month ago, for medical reasons, I terminated a pregnancy at 12 weeks. My breasts obviously grew during the pregnancy, but I am more concerned about the fact that they have remained much softer than they were before. They feel and look much more natural than they did before the pregnancy. Is it possible that pregnancy permanently altered the shape? Or is it more likely that both implants ruptured during the pregnancy?"

Pregnancy does not affect breast implants. What it will do is increase the volume of breast tissue covering the implants and as a result make them not as palpable "They feel and look much more natural than they did before the pregnancy". THAT is the reason why to get natural feeling breasts, we need to make sure the AVAILABLE breast tissue covers the implants completely.

Dr. Aldea

Silicone implants

+1

It is unlikely that pregnancy will cause a change in the implant or cause implant rupture.  Pregnancy will change the amount of breast gland and tissue.  Thus the shape an feel of the breasts will change since the implanst are placed under the breast or chest muscle.  More than likely this may be transient though.

Siamak Agha, MD, PhD, FACS