Will Pregnancy After a Reduction Cause Breasts to Return to Original Size?

i have 1 child from which my pregnancy took me from an f cup to a j cup i am considering a reduction this year but i would like more children what are the chances of my breasts growing back to original size during/after my next pregnancy or do you advise to wait until i have finished having children?

Breast Reduction Timing?

+1

Breast reduction surgery is one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform. By removing “excess” breast tissue, adipose tissue, and breast skin  this operation reduces and lifts the breasts to a higher position on the chest wall. By doing so, patients often find improvement in neck, back, and shoulder discomfort and find it easier to form their activities of daily living and exercise.

Timing of the operation will depend on the patient's life circumstances. In general, it is best to do this procedure ( like all other elective body contouring the stages,  when patients have reached their long-term stable weights.  In doing so, improve the safety of the procedure and minimizes the need for further surgery ( in the event of weight gain/loss after the breast reduction procedure).

There are patients who present with “juvenile” breast hypertrophy will benefit from breast reduction surgery ( for both physical and psychosocial reasons) at an early age ( even as teenagers). Patients should consider  carefully the pros and cons of the procedure as well as the potential need for further surgery if the breasts “regrow” in size.

If at all possible, it is best to wait until after completing pregnancies before undergoing breast reduction surgery. Again, doing so will minimize the chances that patients will require further surgery after pregnancy related breast changes. Patients who seek breast augmentation after pregnancy should wait at least 3 to 6 months after they have stopped breast-feeding  him when they have reached their long stable weight. 

Will Lose Ideal Post Surgical Result of Breast Reduction During Pregnancy

+1

The answer to the timing of your surgery is how soon you plan to have your next child.  If you expect to get pregnant within two years, then I would suggest you wait.   If you are waiting longer, then you have to accept that your surgical results will be affected somewhat by the surgery.   Your breast will have a smaller size so it's unlikely that they will increase to a J cup, but it is likely that they will increase in size and may lose their ideal post surgical result.     Significant changes may necessitate a repeat surgery.

Carlin Vickery, MD

Pregnancy and breast reduction

+1

While your breast may grow during pregnancy due to the hormonal changes and proably weight gain, they more than likely will involute afterwards.

Pregnancy and breast reduction

+1

Absolutely! Have your next child and then lose the weight first for your overall health. If you lose the weight after breast reduction, you could expereince and undesireable loss of breast volume and shape

Breast Reduction is BEST done after you complete your Family

+1

Breast Reduction makes breast smaller but cutting across breast ducts and removing a large section of the breasts. This may impede or make it impossible for you to breast feed other children. while pregnancy is NOT likely to permanently balloon your reduced breast to its former volume, it / they will increase the size of the breast temporarily and stretch the breast skin permanently resulting in breast sagging. I therefore suggest you complete your family before having a breast reduction.