Will taking prednisone decrease ulthera's ability to lay down new collagen?

2 weeks ago I had the ulthera procedure on face and around eyes. Yesterday, due to a back ailment, my ortho doc just prescribed prednisone for 2 weeks. I'm worried that taking this medication will stop the collagen formation I paid a lot of money for. What is your professional opinion? Thanks for all you do!

Hard to tell

+2
Ultherapy creates a focused wound which creates and inflammatory healing reaction.  This is what results in the skin tightening and collagen production.  Prednisone could theoretically impact your response to Ultherapy treatment.

Danville Dermatologic Surgeon

Most likely

+2
It is likely that steroids will reduce the amount of collagen deposition and thus reduce tightening. I would postpose the treatment if possible. 

Henry Mentz, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Prednisone effects not known for Ulthera

+2
In theory the prednisone can interfere with collagen remodeling, but the effect of the Ultherapy is a months-long process so the effect if any of prednisone is likely to be small. However, it has not been studied specifically so there is no real way to know, and the results are variable depending on individual factors. Probably best to prioritize your back issue.

Richard Baxter, MD

Ultherapy in San Diego

+1
Ultherapy is an fda approved treatment for lifting the face the neck. Consult with your physician to discuss medications that may interfere with tissue remodeling.

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon