Breast lift and implants with thin skin: how big should i go? (photo)

My doctor overly tightened my L breast (it was the smaller, but he thought it was larger, b/c my R breast's implant was deflated), & he put in too large of implants. My skin is very thin, & I would like to get a revision with Natrelle 410's, & I need a lift. Will a keyhole/lollipop lift be sufficient, or will I need an anchor? How small should I go to ensure that my thin skin can hold up the weight of an implant? Any other advice? BWD: 13,5"5, 114. Current implants: 480, 14.8, silicone, unders.

Form stable implant is one option

+2

Thank you for the question and photos.  The thin breast tissue is a problem that is sometimes difficult to deal with.  Various options exist including using ADM, fat grafting, and for stable implants.  The issue of form stable implants is that the pocket must be created specifically for the implant as it has a pre-determined tear drop shape.  Options are to remove the previous implants as well as remove all of the capsule in the first stage. This will allow the skin to tighten up some and the two tissue planes to heal back together.  At a second stage the Natrelle 410  implants can be placed into a fresh pocket designed specifically for the implant size and shape and a lift can be performed.

Dr Remus Repta

Thin skin in breasts

+2

Your skin is really stretched out, so  I would take a different approach altogether.  First, I would remove both implants and leave them out for a few months.  This will allow the skin to retract and shrink down.  This will make both the planning and execution of your surgery much simpler. You could then have a lift with a smaller implant, either lollipop or anchor, depending on how well the skin shrinks.  I know it is an extra step, but I have done it this way and it is very helpful in ultimately getting you the best outcome.  Good luck!

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Breast implants with thin skin is a dangerous combination

+2

Breast implants do best when there is sufficient soft  tissue coverage.  Ideally there is a balance between the implant and ones breast tissue.  The larger the implant the more the soft tissue over the implant will be stretched and therefore thinned.  

Although you didn't indicate how many surgeries you have had, it appears that you have exceeded that balance between implant size and soft tissue coverage.  This problem can become worse with time.  

The safest course would be to remove your implants, replace them with a smaller pair and do your lift. 

Douglas Hargrave, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Thin Skin With Breast Implants Revision

+1

Thank you for sharing your photos.

Thin skin is of a delicate matter with breast augmentation/revision. Considering your post, it seems that the best approach is to remove your current implants and replace them with smaller ones as well provide you with a lift (lollipop is an option).

Unfortunately, without a full physical consultation a surgeon cannot provide you with a definitive plan that best fits the criteria of your case.

That being said, please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of additional corrective surgeries dramatically.
I hope this helps and please feel free to check the website below.

Thank you for your inquiry.
The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Short Scar Lift Should Work Well

+1

Your skin is very thin as you explain.A verticle lift will work well, however, you may want to consider going smaller. This would give yoiiu a light c cup.

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD

Best Option for Breast Reconstruction?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

I agree with you that some form of surgical intervention is indicated given your situation. Whether you will benefit from breast lifting or another procedure will depend on your physical examination and goals. For example, another option that may be available to you would be the use of internal suture repair techniques (capsulorraphy) along with the use of allograft reconstruction/reinforcement of the very thin skin.

You will be best off meeting with board certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate a significant experience helping patients in your situation.

You may find the attached link helpful to you. Best wishes.

Breast augment with thin skin

+1
I agree that you may have exceeded the appropriate implant size in relation to the amount of skin coverage. Also, you do need a lift but, without a physical exam, size and surgical approach can't be accurately evaluated.

Robert L. Kraft, MD