Pre Op Tests For Laser Lipo With Local Anesthesia?

I am looking at getting laser lipo with local aneastisia. Why do some surgeons require $200 tests before surgery adding on to the already high surgery costs?

Pre Op Tests For Laser Liposuction

+1

Thank you for your question. These tests help to evaluate your fitness for the surgery. We do liposuction under local, and have found things in the tests which have resulted in postponing surgery or canceling altogether. First and foremost is your safety, not saving a small expense at the risk of your safety.  I hope this helps.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

An Ounce Of Prevention Is Worth A Pound Of Cure

+1

While there are many aspects of the surgical process from which economies can be wrung, preoperative laboratory and medical evaluation is not one of these. To view this as one more added expense on your bill is to look at things upside down and backwards.

Medical and surgical complications are truly expensive, not just monetarily, but emotionally and spiritually as well. Anything that is done to reduce the probability of these occurring is not an expense. It is an investment in your own safety and protection.

Liposuction under local anesthesia is still a surgery.

+1

Pre op labs are standard for any surgery whether local or general anesthesia is going to be done.  Your safety is of utmost importance to us as docs and the labs tell us if their is any underlying infections or bleeding problems which would affect the outcome or increase the risks too much. Most pre op labs run $2-300 and are needed except in the smallest cases such as neck lipos. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

Web reference: http://www.TheBestLipoDoc.com/lipo.asp

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Labs for surgery

+1

Your surgeon is interested in keeping you safe and minimzing any risk from underlying medical problems. 

Worcester Plastic Surgeon

Pre-op testing before surgery

+1

I think that baseline labs are important for some individuals especially if they have any signficant medical problems. 

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.