Pre Op: How Tight Should my Compression Pants Fit?

Hello I am having TT abroad & have bought my compression pants at home so that I am ready. I tried them on & they fit quite tightly, in fact very tight Ihad to pull them quite hard to do the hooks up. Should I opt for the larger size? I have attached a photo of me in them. Thank you

How much compression is enough?

+2

The compression should be enough to gently compress the skin without causing blanching or gathering.

Snug compression is best after tummy tuck

+2

Snug compression is best after tummy tuck and yours looks good. You can wash it once or twice before to allow more 'give', and you will find that it will ride in with wear. Also, the skin excess should be reduced - less to cover.

peterejohnsonmd

Compression and tightness

+1

I would be somewhat concerned if it is super tight. You may want to get the  next size up and bring both with you to try on for your doctor.

Plastic Surgeon Should Determine Type/Size of Garment

+1

You should ask your plastic surgeon for input on the type and size of compression garment to order.  Some practioners prefer tight garments whereas others prefer garments which are onlt moderately tight.

John Whitt, MD

Compression garments should not be too tight.

+1

The purpose of the compression garment is to help with swelling and to help mold your new shape. It should not be too tight. You will have swelling after surgery as well as dressings that can be bulky.  It is better to have a larger version for the immediate postop and, as your swelling comes down, move into what you  have shown in this photograph.

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon