Does a Pre-jowl Chin Implant Also Help Project Forward a Weak Chin? (photo)

I have pre jowls and a weak chin (medium size chin implant suggested at 3 consults with facial plastic surgeons). The pre jowl implant was suggested to me by one surgeon, and I liked the idea, but another Dr. said the pre jowl implant ONLY helps the jowls and it doesn't add projection for a weak chin. I'm confused. I'd like something that does both if possible.

The right kind of implant will help jowls and chin

While a classic prejowl implant will in fact augment only the prejowl sulcus - it has only a thin strip in the anterior portion of chin making it designed specifically to augment only the prejowl sulcus - a pre jowl chin implant will augment both.  Another name for this style of implant is an extended anatomical implant.  My own personal favorite for these situations is the Mittelman prejowl chin implant by Implantech.  It comes in different sizes, and it has portions to augment the prejowl sulci as well as a chin segment to augment the chin.  If you want a more square chin contour, that can be achieved with one of the two Terino chin implants which are extended anatomical implants.  A surgeon familiar with placing these implants can show you samples and help you decide which is best for you.