Is It Practical for Me to Consider Using Juvederm at 25?

i'm 25 and i have relatively wrinkle free skin other than the moderate “parenthesis lines ” around my mouth. they're not severe...yet, but i'm wondering if i should fix it before it breaks. is it a mistake to invest that kind of money just to ease my paranoia?

Fillers at 25

+2

You can try fillers on those parenthesis areas of your smile to see if you like the result. That is the beauty of the temporary fillers. If you like it, you can keep on using it. If you don't then it will disappear in 8 to 12 months.

You can also wait until the Nasolabial fold gets deeper in order to start.

Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers

+1

You probably are the ideal patient for filling lines.

Once the lines get established and deep it is very difficult to completely repair with fillers.

Using Juvederm at 25

+1

The beauty of using temporary fillers (like Restylane shorter lasting than Juverderm) is THERY ARE TEMPORARY! So I would try a session to see if you liked the result. If yes than use a longer lasting filler.

From MIAMI DR. B

Fillers and age

+1

The majority of young adults do not need fillers for lines.  However, there are some after significant weight loss that do.  Without an exam it is difficult to tell.

Juvederm for a 25 year old

+1

If your smile crease is fine but can distend and smoothen with some filler, then you are a candidate. Superficial placement though, runs a bigger risk of bruising and superficial temporary lumps so see an experienced injector.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Does juvederm prevent wrinkle fix before it breaks?

+1

Juvederm will not fix wrinkles before they break. So it is not a preventive treatment. It is a temporary filler that may last 6-12 months but does not prevent any future wrinkling. When it resolves, it completely resolves and provides no other therapeutic benefit. So I would not advise using it to preven a fix before it breaks.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon