Is Power Assisted Lipo Good for Brazilian Butt Lifts?

Can PAL produce an equivalent amount of good fat for BBL? Are the recovery time and negative side effects reduced with PAL, compared to tumescent lipo?

Preferred Techniques for Brazilian Butt Lift

+2

In my opinion, fat harvesting techniques that minimize trauma to the fat will give the best results. Traditional liposuction and power assisted liposuction should both work well. I would avoid harvesting techniques that may damage the fat cells such as laser or ultrasonic techniques.

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Determinants of Success with Brazilian Butt Lift

+2

Hi there

Of all the things that will determine how successful your Brazilian Butt Lift is, the type of liposuction your surgeon prefers is probably the least important (as long as a laser is not involved)- unless there are special circumstances, like scar tissue from previous liposuction.

Choose your surgeon carefully, then trust them to do what has worked well for them in the past.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Brazilian butt lift and power assisted liposuction

+2

The power assisted liposuction probably works well with the liposuction fat injection. The concern would be whether or not the power system liposuction would damage the fat cells. It probably does not.

The preference of the surgeon would determine whether or not in that surgeon's hands traditional liposuction or the power assisted liposuction would give a better result. In my hands and in my experience I can do a better liposuction traditional cannulas as opposed to the powe assisted cannula.

Wendell Perry, MD

Power Assisted Liposuction (PAL) and Brazilian Butt Lift (BBL)

+2

The two advantages of Power assisted Liposuction (PAL) is faster surgery times and less surgeon fatigue. In any other way it is identical to (manual) liposuction and fat transfer. I would therefore suggest you choose the surgeon NOT the instrument.

Good Luck.

Peter A Aldea, MD

Power assisted liposuction for Brazilian buttock lift

+2

Power assisted liposuction can certainly be used for a Brazilian buttock lift with results similar to traditional liposuction. The recovery is also quite similar with both methods of liposuction. The power assisted device makes the harvesting of the fat technically easier for the surgeon. The long term results in terms of fat retention are comparable also.

Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon familiar with this procedure before having surgery.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD