How Much Less Painful is the New Ulthera Procedure?

I've heard there is a new way of doing ultherapy. How much less painful is it? Does it take longer to perform or are there any additional concerns doing it this way?

The new procedure is quite a bit better, but pain medication is still a huge help!

+2

While I do think the new procedure helps greatly, I still recommend some pain medications for my patients.  So far, I have done over 100 of these procedures and with adequate pain management we have had terrific results and very happy patients!

I really think it all comes down to adequate pain control so you can get the right treatment and have a successful result.  Our patients love the results and it is because of good technique and using the correct energies.  

Omaha Dermatologist

A Lot Less!

+2

I tried the original software and it was painful. A few months ago I was treated with the new software and was able to tolerate it with no Meds. I still recommend that you take a little Ativan (calming) and pain medication (Advil 800 my or something stronger if you have a low pain tolerance). Heat is good and you want to give yourself the best chance of maximum tightening. The new software reduces the Energy by 30 to 50% but delivers 30 to 50 percent more pulses to make up for that. Watch me get treated with no sedation.

A. David Rahimi, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologist

Ultherapy is more comfortable with new settings

+2

The newer protocols for Ulthera are quite tolerable for most patients. The procedure does not take longer, though we do use more pulses that when we first started doing it. It is a single treatment that takes less than an hour, and Ulthera is the only device that is FDA approved for noninvasive skin lifting of the face and neck..

Richard Baxter, MD

Ultherapy 3rd Generation Device

+1
If the very original device used for data collection to get approval was the 1st generation device, we are indeed using a 3rd generation device which has been programmed and is less painful and very tolerable with great outcomes using less energy. I recommend that you seek an Ultherapy provider who has this latest gene ratio device. Read the Ultherapy book provided on the link below.

Hratch Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Buffalo General Surgeon

Ulthera Amplify and pain levels - Los Angeles

+1

Customized treatments with Ulthera Amplify can really improve results and lower pain levels. We have found the treatments to be quite tolerable by patients. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Newer ultherapy is quite effective to lift sagging facial skin but it still hurts

+1

My patients get better benefit by increasing the number of lines of treatment but the lower energy per line of treatment has not seemed to ameliorate the pain. Oral medication still is given.

Ronald Shelton, MD