Should I Postpone my BBL Until I Lose Weight?

I'm 6'0 ft tall and weigh 200 pounds. I have lost 43 pounds over the course of a year.With good eating habits and working with a trainer I have maintained this weight for 9 months. My ideal weight is 175 and my surgeon says I should proceed. I will be getting a bbl with lipo of my inner thighs and upper bra roll. Please advise if I should lose more weight prior to my surgery. Lastly, is Medi-Fast a good eating plan to use after surgery?

Postpone Brazilian Buttlift Until After Weight Loss

+1

If you are close to your ideal weight, there may not be much of a difference either way.  I typically advise patients that if they are within 10 or 20 lbs of goal weight surgery can proceed.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Brazilian Buttlift Los Angeles, CA

Weight loss before Brazilian butt

+1

It is best to have surgery when you are at a stable healthy weight.  So if you are very likely to lose more weight very soon, then it is best to do the surgery later. This way you will have the most predictable outcomes.

Dennis Dass, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift while losing weight

+1

If you plan on losing a significant amount of weight, I recommend doing it BEFORE your BBL. This will allow your body to change and give the doctor a better idea of how much fat he/she needs to put in your buttock to get the results you want.

Matthew Schulman, MD