I Am Postoperative Abdominoplasty 7 Days the Day I Had Surgery I Vomited and Had a Few Coughs and Felt Sharp Pains in my Abdomen

To the right of my umbilical is more swollen the the left. Do u think I tore my sutures by coughing?

Post Tummy Tuck

+1

What you describe  is very normal and a common occurrence.  This is ,in general nothing to worry about and will heal just fine.  If you cough, put a pillow over your tummy.

Postoperative Abdominoplasty

+1

It is not possible to tell without an in person exam, and even that may not be definitive. Be assured, though, that you are not missing any "golden time" for a repair. You will not be harmed by not knowing if sutures are torn or not for a while. 

Next visit with your surgeon, discuss this.

Thanks, best wishes for an uneventful recovery. 

Hello

+1

It’s hard to say without examining you. It’s not likely that a cough could pop a suture. You should talk to your PS and have him feel to see if anything has changed.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS