I Have a Postlin Crown and Wondering if I Can Have Veneers over It

My crown is one of my front tooth and has discoloured over 4 years, I was wondering so my front teeth all much could I have veneers over the crown then my four front teeth.

Veneers over porcelain crown?

+2

I assume you meant a porcelain crown not a Postlin crown.  You can have a veneer done over a  porcelain crown but the bond will not be a strong and may fracture.  I would just redo the crown.  Better result and more predictable

Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist

You Can Have a Porcelain Veneer over a Porcelain Crown

+2

I assume you meant a "porcelain" crown.Yes, you can have a veneer placed over a porcelain crown, but it will not bond as securely as one would on a natural tooth. Another possibility would be to re-make the porcelain crown at the same time as the other porcelain veneers. That way, the laboratory could make them all \match eachother.

Jay Neuhaus, DDS
New York Cosmetic Dentist