Posterior Thigh Lift After Liposuction?

After having liposuction of the circumferential thighs, I have a small amount of loose skin on the back of my thighs, just below the buttock crease. All the information I seem to find on thigh lifts looks to be geared towards the medial and anterior portions - is it possible to do a posterior thigh lift? If so, could the incisions be placed within the buttock crease to make them more concealed or less noticeable?

Del Mar Butt Tuck

+2

The problem that you describe is quite common. In my practice, I call it the "Del Mar Butt Tuck". This removes the redundant extra tissue along the bottom of the buttocks via an incision in the crease. The patients are extremely happy with the results, and the incisions heal very nicely. 

Del Mar Plastic Surgeon

Extensive medial thigh lift with pull the posterior skin inward and liposuction

+1

Dear Sugarplummy:

Typical thigh lifts are done through an incision in the groin or an incision from the groin to the inner knee. 

Sometimes the incision is also placed on the lateral portion of the leg.  It is possible to place an incision in the inferior portion of the buttock to get rid of excess skin and fat in the upper medial thigh. 

The scar is best hidden in the buttock.  It get rids of approximately four to six inches of skin but not too much more.  It is more geared towards removal of the banana roll of excess skin and fat than a true posterior thigh lift. 

A better surgery for excess skin and fat on the posterior aspect of the thigh lift is to do an extensive medial thigh lift with a significant amount of undermining to pull the posterior skin inward and reduce it also with liposuction.

Congratulations on your weight loss surgery.

Thank you,

J. Timothy Katzen, MD, FACS

J. Timothy Katzen, MD, FACS

Posterior thigh

+1

The diresanswer is YES a posterior thigh lift is possible, the scar would be in the inferior gluteal crease.

HOW EVER SINCE YOUR PROBLEMS ARE AFTER LIPOSUCTION , I WOULD RECOMMEND A BETTER ANALYSIS, THE PROBLEM COULD BE TAKING TOO MUCH FAT FROM THE POSTERIOR THIGH WHICH GIVES MULTIPLE FOLDS OF THE SKIN, AND THE APPEARANCE OF A DROOPY BUTTOCK. The appropriate treatment then is fat transfer to the posterior thigh. TThe posterior thigh fat supports the buttocks.