Posterior Open Bite from Bicuspids to Molars on Both Side Using Invisalign?

I have recently finished 2 refinements with invisalign, and then started feeling intense pain in my upper right jaw. I was diagnosed with TMJ and they believe it is caused by the posterior open bite that I now have. I am wondering why I have this now, when I haven't my whole life, and what could have caused it? My orthodontist never noticed this, I had to go to my dentist who noticed it immediately and referred me to a specialist. A speech therapist also ruled out tongue thrusting.

Posterior open bite

+1

This can happen right after treatment. The tongue is in the space because it's there not causing it. Check with your Dr I am sure he can resolve this problem. When not wear the trays the bite will settle in and the TMJ'issues will go away as your bite settles in

Chesterfield Orthodontist

Posterior open bite after invisalign

+1

This can happen when using invisalign. I would suggest going back to the orthodontist or general dentist who did the Invisalign treatment. If there was no posterior open bite before treatment, there should not be one at the end of treatment.

Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist

Posterior open bite after Invisalign

+1

Since Invisalign covers your back teeth almost full time, there is a tendency to develop a slight posterior open bite.  Usually this resolves quickly when you wear the aligners less often after treatment is complete.

You need to see the doctor who did the Invisalign and let him/her resolve this problem

Saint Louis Orthodontist

Posterior Open Bite Using Invisalign and TMJ

+1

I suggest going back to the orthodontist or general dentist who did the Invisalign treatment. If there was no posterior open bite before treatment, there should not be one at the end of treatment.

New York Cosmetic Dentist