Post-VASER Lipo Surgery Needs

Hello doctors!!! I've been reading a lot of reviews about after vaser lipo care and was wondering if anyone can give me a list of things I need, i.e., pads (to soak up leakage) and other things you wonderful would recommended. I want to get it before the surgery on Friday. And if you would tell me how long swelling last for. My surgery should only take around 2 hours.

Vaser Lipo

+2

The facility should give you things to soak up the fluid which should only last 24-48 hours.  They also should have a garment for you to wear for compression.  The bulk of the swelling will be gone in 6 weeks; the last 10-15% will fade over 6 months.  The Vaser is the way to go and in skilled hands it is our reference device for liposuction.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction, VASER, UAL, SAL

+1

Patient education should be part of your preop appointment for surgery.  The office should provide information regarding the basics.  Fluid can leak throught the incisions for a few days after surgery.  Sheets, towels and liners can protect your furniture from the fluids.

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS

What to expect after VASER lipo

+1

Hopefully your physician has provided you with much of this information. If they haven't you might want to touch base with him/her as we all have different protocols. You should use some old sheets on the bed as you will be oozing for a few days. Protective absorbent pads on your bed will help. Much of the swelling will be gone in the first 4-6 weeks but may take 3-4 months to achieve your final result. Remember, lipo gets you only half way there. Diet and exercise is critical to your successful outcome. Good luck!

Jeffrey Kenkel, MD

What do I need at home after liposuction?

+1

I would agree with the other respondents in that your treating physician and his/her staff really need to be helping you with this.  What to do and what not to do as well as expectations around surgery should really be part of the normal pre-operative preparation provided by any good Plastic Surgery practice.

Call them...I'm sure they would be happy to help!

Gregory A. Buford, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon