2 months post rhinoplasty revision. Should it still be swollen? (Photo)

nasal dorsum with goretex implant ,septal cartilage refine the tips ,the implant seems very thick or just swollen ,will it become smaller? how much swollen exist? im so worry .should i remove the implant before incorporated with tissue

Nasal swelling after implant

+2
Two months out from a nasal augmentation with an implant is still early particularly with gortex where you can develop a little inflammatory reaction.  I would sit tight a bit longer you will continue to see changes over the next six months as the skin contracts around the implant. If you are unhappy, the implant can still be removed as the ingrowth is not that deep.

Albany Facial Plastic Surgeon

2 months post rhinoplasty revision. Should it still be swollen?

+1
Dear yi, thank you for your question.It may take several months for swelling to subside after rhinoplasty. Here in San Diego, we follow our patients for one year to follow their healing. Consider following up with your surgeon to monitor your progress and see if any intervention is necessary. Rarely a second opinion may be in order. Best of Luck.

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1
Rhinoplasty is one of the technically most difficult of all facial plastic surgery...and the recovery may take  several months to completely heal!  2 months is still considered early.  I would continue to see my surgeon and follow all directions.  Give it a bit more time.

Post Rhinoplasty Swelling Concerns

+1
At two months post surgery you will still have swelling present and it will take a few more months for the majority of it to dissipate and an entire year till you are completely healed. See your surgeon for a post operative appointment and address your concerns. He/she will be able to best tell you where you are in the recovery phase and what your final expected results will be. If you are not happy with the proposed result then you may address the removal of the implant. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Rhinoplasty at two months

+1
At two months psot rhinoplasty, your nose will still be swollena dn may take up to a year or longer to settle down.