Post tummy tuck fat deposits over ribs? (photo)

I had a tummy tuck with muscle repair in April of this year. I was fairly thin to begin with, and I had a six-pack, although it was a little obscured by fat. It has been over 7 months since the procedure, and I'm not seeing the return of my abdominal muscle definition. Will it come back? Also, I have a strange fatty area over my left ribs (and a little bit on my right). What could have caused this? Could it be swelling? Would lipo work on this area?

Post op results

+1

The fat you see over your ribs was likely there before but has just been pulled down more. Lipo would address these areas if desired but I would wait 6 months post-op from your TT.

Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Kimberly Henry

+1

Thank you for your question! Lipo would probably work on that area, but I would have to see you in person. If it is indeed fat that is over your ribs, and not swelling or something else, then yes, liposuction would get rid of the fat that is over your ribs.

Kimberly A. Henry, MD
Greenbrae Plastic Surgeon

Fat removal from the suucostal margin.

+1

Thanks for the question. It is certainly possible, and very likely, to have fat along the sub costal margins of the abdomen. This will not. E treated during the tummy tuck procedure. This should be treated after the procedure, however, as long as you are 6 months or longer after the abdominoplasty. Talk to your local Plastic Surgeon about this.

Good luck to you.

Frank Rieger M.D. Tampa Plastic Surgeon

Francis (Frank) William Rieger, MD

+1

Based upon the p[re operative photo WHY did you have any surgery??? Is my question back to you?...?/