10 Days Post Tummy Tuck: Is it Normal for Swelling to Make my Breasts Bigger?

Significant swelling of the breasts following a tummy tuck

+1

A typical tummy tuck will cause only minor changes in some aspects of your breasts though enlargement is not one of them. Most probably, you are retaining a significant amount of water which is bloating you resulting in enlargement of your breasts. This is even more accentuated because now your abdomen is much flatter than before the procedure. You can weigh yourself or have your doctor weigh you to determine if there is a substantial increase in your weight. I have had a few patients over the years who were compulsive water drinkers with some putting on 10 or more pounds within a matter of a few days after surgery.

You should consider notifying your plastic surgeon of your findings. Less likely would be cardiac related issues. In some situations, diuretics may even be indicated.

Web reference: http://www.turkeltaub.com

Breast Swelling After Tummy Tuck

+1

Although a tummy tuck would not cause breast swelling, it is possible you are experiencing overall body swelling from fluid retention that makes your breasts appear larger. You may also be noticing a greater difference between your breast and your tummy. Checking your weight will help to differentiate this.

Breast swelling after tummy tuck operation

+1

I would not expect swelling of breasts after a standard tummy tuck operation. Tummy tuck may alter the appearance of the breasts as skin is pulled down for the tummy tuck. Flattening of an upper abdominal fullness after tummy tuck may also make the breasts appear larger. If the breasts are really swollen, please see your surgeon to make sure that everything is OK.

Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Breast swelling after tummy tuck

+1

I have never seen breast swelling after a tummy tuck, though making the abdomen flatter may make the breasts appear larger.  I would recommend that you call and discuss your observations with your plastic surgeon.

Good luck.

Breast Swelling Post Tummy Tuck

+1

Personally, I have not had a patient who has had breast swelling after a tummy tuck. I would call you PS office and discuss this with him/ her. Swelling can take 3-6 months to go down. best of luck to you!

Breast swelling after tummy tuck

+1

Breast swelling is not something we have seen after tummy tuck over many years of practice. Some would wish breast swelling to be so, yet we don't have any explanation as to a relationship between the two.

peterejohnsonmd

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com/tummy-tuck