Will This Post TT Crease Go Away? (photo)

I am almost 4 weeks post op from full tummy tuck with muscle repair. The crease in the center right above my scar is really stressing me out. I know I'm still pretty swollen, but I am really hoping someone can reassure me that it is temporary. Also, does everything look ok with my belly button so far? Its really cute, but it just seems either really deep or my abs are still really swollen around it. Thanks.

Early Post-Operative Creases After Tummy Tuck

+2

Abnormal creases and folds in the first 3 months after a tummy tuck are not unusual at all.  Anchor sutures to hold your belly button in place very often catch tissue unevenly from side to side, therefore folds around the belly button early after a tummy tuck are not unusual and the majority, if not all of them, resolve within 3 to 6 months.

Hang in there.  Your crease should resolve and the depth of your belly button is actually a plus because then the scars around the belly button (umbilicus) will be below the surface and therefore less visible. 

I know one month after a surgery feels like a long time, but your body needs time to repair itself and the swelling needs to resolve. 

Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Concerns after Tummy Tuck Surgery.

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Although your plastic surgeon is in the best position to provide you with real “reassurance”, I think that the skin crease that you are seeing is temporary and will resolve with time. Gentle massage of the area may be helpful to you. Be patient given that it may take several weeks to months for the skin to smoothen out. Continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon.

Tummy tuck crease

+2

I think that is mostly swelling. If you are still wearing a girdle, make sure it is not pinching the area together. You could also massage the area but first check in with your surgeon.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Recovery from tummy tuck surgery

+2

Most likely, the crease that you don't like will normalize over the next 5 months. I have found that the belly button is a nice way to know if you can expect an improvement in post operative swelling. If the belly button is still swollen, the rest of the abdomen is still swollen. It often takes 3 months and sometimes up to 6 months for the swelling and edema to resolve after an abdominoplasty surgery. Continue your normal diet and exercise routine and you should see consistent improvement in your results over the next several months. 

William T. Stoeckel, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Will This Post TT Crease Go Away?

+1

I must agree that these crease are very unusual as seen in your posted photos. I think they will resolve over time, like 4 months. 

Vertical tummy tuck scar will not go away.

+1

hi.

1)  The belly button looks OK.

2)  I think what you are calling a crease is actually the scar where your belly button used to be, and this will not disappear, but should fade.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)