Post TT and BBL Dr. Ordered Me Overnight Recovery on my Back. Will This, or Back Surgery Coming Up, Ruin BBL Results?

I had a tummy tuck along with a BBL several weeks ago, however when I woke up in recovery they had me on my back (due to the tummy tuck). When I asked about laying on my side due to the BBL the nurse informed me that the doctor wanted me this way overnight due to the TT. I am worried sick that this damaged many/most of the transferred fat cells? Did it? And why would they force me to lay on my stomach rather than my side? Also, I will have back surgery 8 1/2 weeks after a brazilian butt lift. My recovery will be mostly on my back (for some time). How will this affect my BBL? Will fat cells Die? Will the shape change? Or is that long enough to wait?

The Oh So NOT Easy Recovery of combined Brazilian Butt Lift AND Tummy Tuck

+1

The Golden Rule is not only the foundation of most religions and civilized societies but also of good medical and surgical care. If we treated our patients the way we (the surgeons) would like to be treated we would have a lot more happier patients.

From common life experiences you know that if you had pain in the lower back, buttocks and abdomen which position could you take to feel comfortable? By having liposuction in multiple areas to harvest the fat, lift the tummy skin to the ribs, stitch the muscles together and the place the fat in multiple channels in the buttocks considerable pain and inflammation are created involving multiple areas of the body. Unless you are a Navy Seal who is trained to tolerate discomfort or like hanging upside down in a closet like Grandpa Munster recovery from this combination of procedures is not easy. I therefore prefer to do it in two stages. 

Although some surgeons combine the procedures, I do not. I cannot rationalize taking great efforts to isolate living fat cells and then ask a patient with limited mobility to sleep / sit on this very fat thereby potentially compromising its survival and ultimate result. By 2 months after surgery, the cells which died from lack of blood supply already did and sitting on your buttock at this point will not change matters.

BBL recovery

+1

Typically, my recovery protocol for BBL/TT involves laying on your side.  To me that makes the most sense.  

In your case, you have back problems that necessitates surgery 2 months after your BBL.  This could have modifioed your recovery protocol.

Ricardo A. Meade, MD