Post Traumatic Scar Above the Eyelid? (photo)

1month ago i falled on sharp edge and i had this mildly depressed scar ,I wander does fraxel help for this scar and if so what is the percentage? or should i wait for scar revision? please, what is the best choice for this scar?

Scar Revision

+2

Hi Abady.  Because it has only been one month, you may want to consider waiting a bit longer to see what it looks like after more complete healing.  The scar should lighten and flatten with time.  

If it is not acceptable to you after this, you can consider surgical revision or laser resurfacing.  Surgical revision, when done well, usually results in a less noticeable scar.  Lasers can help, but the effects may be limited.

Web reference: http://www.celibre.com/scarsLaserRemovalBeforeAfterPicturesPhotos.aspx

Fraxel and scar revision for a forehead and eyebrow scar

+1

The forehead and eyebrow scar is indented and would benefit from surgical scar revision. Fractional laser can improve the scar, but likely not as much as scar revision by a plastic surgeon. 

Web reference: http://www.surgery90210.com/cosmetic-dermatology/38/scar-revision.aspx

Scar

+1

You have a depressed and irregular scar.If your scar has not had any surgical treatment ie. if it was not sutured with the injury then you will benefit from a scar revision.

Lasers can help improve the appearance of scars

+1

I think fractional lasers would certainly help improve the appearance of your scar. Because it appears that you have some pigment to your skin, laser treatment needs to be done with caution. I would recommend seeing a board-certified dermatologist with expertise in laser surgery to discuss your treatment options. 

Stamford Dermatologic Surgeon

Fraxel laser for scars

+1

Non-ablative fractional lasers such as the Fraxel restore or an ablative fractional laser such as the SmartXide would both help minimize your scar.  You would require several treatments and should avoid the sun which can darken the scar.  If the scar is still depressed after laser treatments, a filler could be added to plump up the scar.

Toronto Dermatologist