What, if anything, can be done with post surgery scaring and loose flesh? (Photo)

Two years ago I had surgery for cecal vulvulus. Several months later I had second surgery for adhesions. I am left with a vertical 5 inch scar beginning in the epigastric area and follows path through the umbulicus curving at end . it looks like i have 2 umbilicus .. but what is bothering me more is a large ammout of loose flesh. My clothes do not fit . I am not a large person 5ft5inches and weigh120lbs with a type of tummy tuck for all the loose flesh.

Also, scar removal would be next on my list. What can be done about the scarring?

TT

+2
Thank you for the picture and the question.

In my opinion I believe that you would make a great candidate for a tummy tuck procedure. Your abdominal muscles will be repaired and your scar would be gone.

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

What, if anything, can be done with post surgery scaring and loose flesh?

+2

Always best to obtain IN PERSON opinions from boarded PLastic Surgeons ij your city/state... Good Luck.

Tummy tuck for loose skin and scarring?

+2

Based on limited photos and medical history a tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) with or without liposuction of selective areas may improve the cosmetic appearance of your abdomen.

Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck for Scar Removal

+2

We would need to see you in person for a complete evaluation or at least see more pictures.  However, performing an abdominoplasty / tummy tuck will removal a considerable about of skin and also allow lowering of the scar that you have.  The laxity of your skin will determine how much (if not all) of that scar can be removed.  

Good Luck.  

David Shafer, MD

Tummy tuck for loose skin and scar

+2
A standard abdominoplasty would certainly help your skin laxity issue and scar appearance. You would,however, have to accept a small vertical scar just above the pubic hairline because it would not be possible to remove all the skin that contains the scar.

David A. Bottger, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Abdominoplasty Candidate?

+2
Based on one picture and little medical history, it appears you are a great candidate for a standard full abdominoplasty. An abdominoplasty may be able to remove most if not all of the vertical scar as well as all of the loose skin and excess fat between the pubic area and the umbilicus (belly button).
Consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Best wishes

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon