Post-Septorhinoplasty: Biodegradable Nasal Packing, Mouth Ulcers, and Tonsilitis?

I had a septorhinoplasty a week ago and now suffering from a few issues. It seems my tonsils are infected and this morning it was awfully painful. I have also noticed I have a few ulcers in my mouth.. is this normal? and how long will it take to clear up? (I am taking antibiotics so was expecting this wouldn't happen). I have biodegradable nasal packs - How long do they take to dissolve and be able to breathe naturally? What should I expected when they are dissolving (Liquids, mucous, blood??)

Two Issues

+1

Hi There, Sounds like you have two issues going on. I hope at this point you seen your surgeon. I have a feeling the packs have dissolved by now, but if not be sure to get checked out.

My one question is, do you ever get "cancre" sores? These are also known as Aphthous Ulcers and can come on after times of stress (ie surgery). You can see multiple painfull whitish ulcers with a rim of red anywhere from very small to 1/2 and inch. they can even be on a tonsil. Keep your mouth clean with mouthwash and pain control and if they dont go away withing 7-10 days, see a physician to have it looked at. 

Ontario Facial Plastic Surgeon