What causes cartilage to die after Septoplasty? (photos)

I had a septoplasty, turbinate reduction and removal of a bone cyst five months ago. While healing, I noticed a loss of projection in the bridge of my nose. I went back to my ENT and he said a dime sized spot in the cartilage had died. Why would something like this happen? Will more continue to die? Will this dead cartilage cause more problems? My profile looks terrible when it was perfect before. I'm so confused how this could happen. My ENT said he hasn't seen this in a patient in ten years.

Cartilage and septoplasty

+1
Dear Shiverca6,

• After 5 months, the problem should not get worse
  • This issue can be fixed with a little cartilage grafting to fill in the depression
  • Alternatively, you can try some filler injections for results without surgery (if your breathing is OK)
  • You just have to make sure that your breathing is not worsening over time

Best regards,
Nima Shemirani