Post-septoplasty and turbinate reduction, is it normal for a physician to tell you to avoid irrigation until stents are removed?

I had a septoplasty and turbinate reduction 5 days ago (12/19/13). My septum was 90% deviated with a bone spur. I went in for packing removal and debridement Day 2, and another check and debridement Day 5. Splints should be removed Day 8. I have saline and nasacort AQ, along with oral antibiotics and prednisone. I feel like I should irrigate, but my doctor said not to until after the stents are removed. I've read a lot of instructions from other doctors otherwise?

Irrigation Post Septoplasty

+1
Listen to your surgeon and abide by the advice and post operative instructions. If your surgeon wanted you to irrigate, your surgeon would have told you so.

Best wishes

West Orange Plastic Surgeon