Post Septoplasty - Could Facial Have Harmed Nose

Hello all, I had a septoplasty with a rhinoplasty in march of 2010. I healed very quickly, in about a month. I began to realize that my nose is a bit crooked and it looks like there is a bit of a dent. This may be silly, but I'm not sure if it's part of my fault. I got a facial 6 months after my surgery and the facialist did pick at my nose quite aggressively. Could that have interfered with the healing of my nose? Thank you!

Septoplasty and facial

+2

No the facial did not hurt your nose or septum.  If you are worried about the appearance go see you surgeon.  You did nothing wrong.  Good luck,  Dr Commons.

Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Facial after Septorhinoplasty and healing

+1
Six months into the post operative phase the nose should be stable enough that a facial would not cause any structural changes. I would go back to your surgeon and explain your concerns regarding the crookedness and dent that you are seeing. As the nose heals and the swelling dissipates you may notice these abnormalities more then you did while the tissues were more swollen. Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD

Facial after septorhinoplasty contributing to crooked nose

+1

Hi,  6-months after rhinoplasty your nose should be stable enough not to be harmed by extractions or a facial. So it is highly unlikely that the facial did any harm or contributed to your nose getting crooked.  Most likely the swelling is subsiding, now revealing some of the underlying imperfections.

A. John Vartanian, MD
Glendale Facial Plastic Surgeon