Post Rhinoplasty

I had a rhinoplasty 3 weeks ago and my nose sticks out too much and is fat at the tip. This may be swelling but will it go down and will the tip also stick out less or will this only be minimal? My surgeon narrowed my nose but the bottom half he left as it was and looks bigger than the top half, can i ask him to correct it as I had asked before the op and will i have to pay as I would think as a professional he would have made sure it did look in proportion as i had asked and my nostrils?

Early dissatisfaction after rhinoplasty

+2

It is way too early to assess results.  Swelling and settling can take several months to reach plateau, and even if the results are not what you want you should wait a full 8-12 months before revision.

Having said that, your surgeon should be prepared (and willing) to work with you to get an appropriate result, and should not charge you anything beyond OR and anesthesia fees for revision work. 

Surgeons refuse to revise their work for a few reasons: ego; lack of skills needed for the task; the belief that more work has unacceptable risk; when the surgeon thinks expectations are unrealistic.  If you think you are making reasonable requests and your surgeon does not agree you need to get some other opinions.  If a bunch of docs tell you not to proceed with any other work then you might want to consider leaving well enough alone.

Fat nose that sticks out too much after rhinoplasty

+1

It is quite early to be fuly assessing your surgical results. After only 3 weeks there is likely a large amount of swelling in the nose that usually takes about 12 months to resolve.

Give your nose time to heal and follow-up as recommended by your surgeon. You should discuss your concerns with your surgeon as that is who is best able to give your more specific advice.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

3 weeks post-op

+1

Three weeks post surgery is still very early for you to judge the results of your surgery - it is also very difficult to answer your question without seeing your pictures – you should consider posting images showing your areas of concern

Sam Naficy, MD

Nose still fat 3 weeks after Rhinoplasty

+1

Three weeks after Rhinoplasty the nose is still swollena and the final shape may take several months.  Bring this up during your post op follow up visit with your Rhinoplasty surgeon.

Revision rhinoplasty

+1

You need to slow down. You are way to early in this process to be thinking about revisions and costs and letting your fears get ahead of you. Your nose is going to change over the next six months. Most surgeons try their best to be certain that you get a result you are happy about. Keep your communication open with your surgeon and see how things settle.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon