Post Rhinoplasty Almost 2 Years & Still Sore?

I had primary nose surgery, open, & two osteotomies on either side almost 2 years ago and i can still feel my nose healing, it gets sore on and off at times & my eyes feel sore now and again. Is this normal? My doctor gives me drops for my eyes, ive seen an ENT specialist who said my nose was fine. I read somewhere full nose healing can take up to 10 years is this true? I know the face is a delicate area so is soreness to be expected as i had a lot of work done, no grafts as far as i know?

Post Rhinoplasty 2 Years And Nose is Sore

+2

If your nose is sore 2 years after your Rhinoplasty, you need to seek other opinions from Board Certified Plastic Surgeons.  Whoever told you that it could take up to 10 years for your nose to heal, has no clue what they are talking about. Do yourself a favor and get a copy of your operative report, and consult with other Plastic Surgeons regarding this issue.

Sore 2 Years After Rhinoplasty

+1

The nose continues to evolve regardless of whether you had surgery or not; however most people have a one-two year healing process. During this time, it's important to be patient until your final results can be appreciated. 

Babak Azizzadeh, MD