Post Rhinoplasty, My Tip Is Swelling. Why Is That The Last Area To Heal?

Hi, I recently had open rhinoplasty. I am one week out and happy with the results thus far. My question is WHY exactly is the tip the last to heal? I was told one year for final results but that I'll have a pretty good idea of the rest of my nose months before that; to see the final results of the tip, 12 months. Just curious why and can't seem to find an exact answer online. Thank you

Tip swelling

+1

The skin on the tip of the nose is the thickest skin on the nose, This allows for more fluid to be present during the healing phase, and thus it takes the longest to reduce. This also accounts for the tip being numb the longest after surgery.

Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon