Post Rhinoplasty - Skin Longer Than The Other Side?

I had a rhinoplasty about 5 months ago and now one side of my nose is longer than the other. On one side the nostril is now more visable than the other side when previously it wasnt, what causes this and should i let my surgeon know I would like this sorted or will the skin shrink and adjust given time? Is there a way in which this problem can be sorted in future under local rather than general anaesthetic?

Asymmetry after Rhinoplasty

+1

Asymmetry is not rare during the healing process after rhinoplasty. The asymmetry is usually secondary to the quantity and position of the underlying bone and cartilage, not the skin. You ask what to do at this time - I suggest you contact your physician as well as wait it out.

Rhinoplastry issues

+1

Photos would have been helpful to appreciate your concerns. More than likely some asymmetry was present before surgery as well.

Post rhinoplasty asymmetry

+1

All faces are asymmetric, some less than others. This will not be too noticeable in some patients especially before surgery since there are other problems such as big dorsal hump, wide tip etc. Once these problems resolve, then the third and forth level problem becomes primary one. Without a picture, it hard to comment on your case, but I assume that your nose is no exception. Careful  preoperative analysis of your face will reveal these discrepancies. Certain procedures and maneuvers can camouflage this asymmetry.

Web reference: http://www.cosmeticsurgery4you.com

Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Any excess skin, of the nose, should shrink without an issue if that is what you are describing.  Most commonly, this occurs, from reducing the size of the nasal bridge or nasal tip during Rhinoplasty.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com