Post Rhinoplasty: Developing Line up Middle of Nose

Hello I have had rhinoplasty about 2 years ago and now I am seeing this line develop up the middle of my nose what is happening? thanks

Line down the middle of your nose

+1

Of course I would need to examine your nose to know for sure,  but it looks like there is a depression over the bone on the rt side of your nasal bridge.  You have thin skin in that area so it is showing through easily.  This could be part of what we call an open roof.  It just means that where the bump was removed the bones have not come back together as nicely as you might want.  Sometimes it can be fixed with a little filing of the bones; sometimes it requires a small cartilage graft crushed up or a temporalis fascia graft.  Temporalis fascia is the coating over the large muscle above your ear.  Talk to you surgeon.

Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Post-Rhinoplasty Skin Shrinkage

+1

It is dificult to say for sure but final rhinoplasty results and skin shrinkage can take up to 2 years to happen. It is possible that as the skin shrinkage has gone on that the bony dorsum and changes made to it are showing up as you see. Please consult your surgeon to address the problem.

Richard Galitz, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Line in Nose 2 Years after Rhinoplasty

+1

You're probably seeing irregularities of the  bone and cartilage. Fillers can be used as a temporary solution or a revision rhinoplasty with repositiong of the underlying structures, or cartilage or fascia grafts can be done for a  permanent correction.

Rhinplasty

+1

Dear Qtipy,

These problems are usually easily fixed in the office with an injectable filler.  I agree with the other docs that the skin can thin as you get older or the swelling comes down revealing the dorsal work.  Not to worry, see your plastic surgeon who can offer you those treatments.  I am sure he/she would be happy to see you so that you remain satisfied.

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

+1

Over time after rhinoplasty the imperfections of the hump reduction can show up .

In this case it's the small gap in the bony roof of the nose.It can be treated with fillers or revisional surgery.

Erel Laufer, MD

Identify and treat open roof deformity after a Rhinoplasty

+1

You have what appears to be an "open roof deformity" following your Rhinoplasty.  This occurs when the nasal bridge is reduced and the nasal bones are not broken, at their base, to move the bones back together along the nasal bridge.  Skin and tissues fall into the line bewteen the nasal bones creating a visible line in the skin.

You have two choices to close this open roof.  You can have a filler like Perlane or Radiesse to fill this line or you can undergo a Revision Rhinoplasty where the nasal bones are fractured in order to bring the bones together and close the space.

Lines and imperfections on bridge after rhinoplasty

+1

The skin can thin several years after rhinoplasty and reveal irregularities or lines. The line you see is in an area where there is an opening between the nasal bone and the septum left as the bridge or hump was reduced. Revision of the rhinoplasty with a spreader graft can close the gap. Fillers can work temporarily.

peterejohnsonmd

Line in nose after rhinoplasty.

+1

This is probably thinning of the skin over time showing the contours below. Return to your surgeon and he may be able to add a little Radiesse to smooth this out.