Unhappy With Post Rhinoplasty Results. Nose Tip Too Bulbous, What Can I Do? (photo)

Hello I was hoping someone may be able to help me gain some answers into a process which I have been hoping would get better but which appears to only have gotten worse. I had a open rhinoplasty and septoplasty done on November 15 2010 in which I had the bump on my nose filed down and my nostril brought in. I feel a hard bump on the end of my nose which makes my nose look very broad and nothing like what I had before . The 3rd picture is what I looked like before the surgery, What should I do?

Revision

+2

I would suggest a full revision rhinoplasty based on the appearance of your photographs. It would be interesting to know what your initial request was for.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Bulbous Tip after Rhinoplasty

+2

You have been very patient allowing the nose to heal. You will need a revision to narrow the tip and improve definition. I cannot make specific recommendations regarding technique without an examination. Good luck.

Bulbous nasal tip following rhinoplasty

+2

You have waited the prerequisite time for swelling to subside.  At this point of time, I do not think that your result can be chalked up to swelling.  I am trying to back track and figure out what happened.  My thoughts are that your lower lateral cartilages were separated during surgery, and were not brought back together.  I would recommend an evaluation for a revision rhinoplasty.  Good luck.

Raghu Athre, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Unhappy With Post Rhinoplasty Results. Nose Tip Too Bulbous, What Can I Do?

+1

Comparing the photos, the nasal tip was far more refined and defined pre-op.  Have a few consultations with experienced Revision Rhinoplasty Surgeon for a Revision Open Rhinoplasty to thin the nasal tip.