Post Rhinoplasty Decisions?

I had rhinoplasty in July 2011. It's been nearly a year and a half now. My side profile looks better than before (no bump, but still long though). However, the front of my face looks exactly the same as before! I'm so depressed, I'm too scared to go under the needle again, and the dr will probably charge me a lot again, but wasn't that his fault? I don't know whether or not I should do revision rhinoplasty, will the aftermath be the same for the 2nd time (Lots of swelling and bruising)? Help!:(

You should get second opinions before deciding on revision of your rhinoplasty

+1

It is really up to you now to decide if you would like to proceed with a revision rhinoplasty. It sounds like the surgery results are semi satisfying to you. You are the only one to know if it is worth your time and pain to go through with it again. I am not sure what can be done (photos before and after the procedure are always helpful), but you should expect similar recovery process.  The revision rhinoplasty procedures are usually more complicated and more time consuming. Therefore the charges can be even higher than the first time around.
I am really sorry that your expectations were not met and you are disappointed. You need to schedule an appointment with an experienced plastic surgeon to see if there is a room for some improvement.

Consultations prior to revision rhinoplasty.

+1

A good place to start when considering revision rhinoplasty is with the original surgeon.  I would also recommend 1 or 2 other opinion before choosing who to go with.

Mario J. Imola, MD, DDS, FRCSC.

Mario J. Imola, MD, DDS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Decisions 18 Months Post Rhinoplasty

+1

It is impossible to make any suggestions at this time without seeing your nose. Please go to my website for instructions on how to take pictures for nasal evaluation.

Revision or No Revision after Rhinoplasty

+1

The decision to undergo another surgery can be made by you alone. If you are unhappy with your results and you and your surgeon feels that there is room for improvement, then it may be reasonable to consider another surgery. Sometimes second and third opinions are helpful, if your original surgeon does not seem to be addressing your concerns. In some practices, surgeons fees for revisions are not charged. Perhaps this is the case with your surgeon's practice. You'll never know unless you ask. The revision rhinoplasty will result in swelling and bruising as in the first surgery. There is no way to avoid this temporary outcome when you "go under the knife." Hope this helps!

Thank you for your question. Best of Luck!

Gregory Park, MD